Friday, March 25, 2011

Whoopi Goldberg Talks About Smoking Weed Before Her 1991 Oscar Win

When Whoopi Goldberg took to the stage in 1991 to receive her Academy Award she appeared just like an other Oscar winner - excited and overwhelmed.

But the 55-year-old star was actually under the influence of drugs as she made her acceptance speech having smoked a 'wonderful joint' just minutes before the win.

She was accepting the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role alongside Patrick Swayze in the film Ghost.

In a 1992 video that has only just surface on celebrity blog TMZ, the actress is seen admitting she was stoned on the day of the ceremony.

Whoopi is heard saying: 'Smoking cigarettes and pot every now and then are my habits. And I thought, 'I've got to relax.' So I smoked this wonderful joint that was the last of my home grown.'

'When he [presenter Denzel Washington] said my name and I popped up, I thought, 'Oh f---.' Okay, up the stairs, around to the podium, there's millions of people, pick up the statue, get the statue.'

The admission was apparently filmed while she was recording a voice-over session for The Pagemaster.

She revealed she received a call from her mother who told her she could tell Whoopi had smoked weed because of her 'glistening eyes.'

'I know you're not supposed to admit that you smoke pot, but I don't drink alcohol,' Goldberg concludes on the tape.

'Just because I do it doesn't mean you should.'

Whoopi recently discussed her former drug use on her daytime chat show The View, describing herself as 'fully functioning addict.'

'I went to work because I knew if I didn't show up, a lot of people would be out of work and I wouldn't get a cheque and I wouldn't have the lifestyle that I needed to buy all my drugs,' she admitted.

The actress has been clean and sober for years.

source: www.dailymail.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. While the admin of the web site is working, no question soon it will likely be famous, due to its feature blogs. aspire nautilus

    ReplyDelete